The following are 10 creative marketing..Marketing Ideas that Drive
4 Ways to Increase Your Sales During the Holidays
By Mindy - November 13, 2014
Are you looking for good ways to increase your sales this holiday season? If you put these four suggestions into action, you’ll be on the right track toward accomplishing your holiday business goals:
- Gift cards: Gift cards are fast, easy to give, and more thoughtful than cash. They’re also a staple of the holiday season—in 2013, customers spend an average of around $165 on gift cards. Did you also know, however, that gift cards are a good way to get new customers into your store? Think about it: from the person buying the gift card to the person receiving it, you’re getting more foot traffic in your store, and an opportunity to appeal to customers who may never have been to your establishment. If you don’t already have a gift card plan, now’s the time to make one. They don’t have to be fancy—offering paper certificates works as well as plastic cards—but be sure to advertise them in-store and elsewhere.
- Discounts: Reward your loyal customers by sending them special deals around the holidays. You can even take it one step further and ask them to pass the deals onto their friends. This is a good way to bring new customers in by using your loyal customers, they know you and trust you so their friends will too.
- Plan ahead: Make sure you know when the holidays are and prepare for them. Know the top holiday spending days for 2014 in the US:
- Black Friday (November 29th)
- Small Business Saturday (November 30th)
- Cyber Monday (December 2nd)
- Green Monday (December 9th)
Pay attention to these dates and use them to your advantage. You can have a Black Friday special where new customers get a special discount. Be creative. Everyone is out shopping on these days already, so even having a sign outside your business announcing deals and sales can increase customer traffic.
- Offer more: Don’t be afraid to offer “more” to your customers. It doesn’t hurt to show them earrings to match the necklace they are buying. They won’t be offended that you asked for an additional purchase, and you won’t be offended if they say no. It is as simple as seeing someone struggling to pick out a gift and you giving them a suggestion maybe even one of your most popular items.
Put these for suggestions into action this holiday season and watch as your new customers and sales go through the roof!
What other tactics work for you during the holiday season to increase your sales?