10 Creative Marketing Ideas That Drive Loyalty This May
By Jon Parrish - May 6, 2015
Building customer loyalty is all about engagement. But sometimes you need excuses to engage. Hopefully you took advantage of Cinco de Mayo and took the chance to tell your customers “May the 4th be with you”… but if you didn’t, there’s still plenty to come in May. Here are 10 creative marketing ideas that drive customer loyalty this May.
- Mother’s Day – May 10th. Let’s give it up for the moms in our lives by giving them a special something for Mother’s Day. What product/service do you offer that is perfect for mothers?
- Eat What you Want Day – May 11th. What!? You mean not every day is Eat What You Want Day? In that case, we better engage with customers and make sure they don’t leave hungry. Remind your customers of their guilty food pleasures and give them the excuse to loosen the belt and enjoy!
- Leprechaun Day – May 13th. As if St Patty’s Day wasn’t enough, our little green friends demanded a day of their own. Well they got it. Why not engage your customers with a chance to find their own pot of gold? Hide coupons around the store and invite your customers to come find them.
- NBA Playoffs – Are your customers sport fans? If so, don’t let them watch the NBA playoffs without you. Make sure you’re aware of the next game seven and other big games that may draw a crowd.
- It’s Bike Month, which means Bike to Work Week (May 11-15) and Bike to Work Day (May 15th). Cater to your two-wheeled friends by offering a special promotion for anyone who comes in wearing a helmet.
- Love a Tree Day – May 16th. Has your business ever done a service project? It may be time to start. Take some time to plant some trees and make sure you invite your customers to come with you… you never know what kind of press you will get.
- National Hamburger Day – May 28. If anything deserves a holiday, it’s the hamburger. If you’re serving delicious burgers, don’t miss the opportunity to celebrate National Hamburger Day with your customers. Try offering a unique concoction in celebration of this momentous occasion.
- Create a buzz by sharing interesting facts with your customers. Such as Babe Ruth hitting his 714th and last home run on the 25th of May, 1935. $7.14 special anyone?
- Anniversary of the Indianapolis 500 – May 30. Come on race fans! Give your customers a reason to make a pit stop at your business.
- Don’t forget May birthdays. Birthday specials are a great way to bring in repeat customers. You can even celebrate with the stars like Billy Joel (May 9th), Mark Zuckerberg (May 14th) and Bob Dylan (May 24), to name a few.
Good luck this May.