Marketing Ideas for Small Businesses in September
Make this month one to remember — not unlike the 21st night of September! We’ve put together a few ways you can engage with your network as football and pumpkin spice season kick off. Here’s our top 10:
1.Labor Day, (in case you missed it, check out this post): Labor Day kicks September off on the first Monday!
2. NFL Season Kickoff (September 7): Sunday night football is back. Cheer your favorite team on with in-store offers and specials as the defending champs, the Pats, take on the Kansas City Chiefs. BONUS: we wrote this post on how an ice cream shop used football to boost sales, check it out!
3. College Football: School is back in session, and that means football is back, too! Support your local university and sport their colors in your business.
4. Stand Up to Cancer Day (September 8): How’s your business doing in terms of doing good? Consider choosing a cause dear to your heart to donate to during a certain day! Then, send a message to customers letting them know you’ll donate a portion of their purchase to that foundation.
5. Patriots Day (September 11): At CityGro, we’re grateful to the men and women who serve our country, particularly those who gave their lives on September 11, 2001.
6. Fortune Cookie Day (September 13): We’re seeing a good deal in your customer’s future! Invite them in with a winning text like, “Happy Fortune Cookie Day! Your fortune is looking good. Come on in for BOGO any product.”
7. Oktoberfest Starts (September 15): The German beer celebration kicks off in Munich and will go through the first week in October. It’s a good opportunity to promote a restaurant’s happy hour! 🍺
8. Emmy Awards (September 17): TV’s biggest night is happening, what are you going to do to celebrate? Encourage customers to pick up some snacks for viewing parties and comment on their favorite series’ from 2017.
9. First Day of Fall (September 22): Say goodbye to summer and hello to Halloween candy, all things pumpkin spice and colorful leaves on the trees. Tell your customers about fall happenings in your business — whether it’s a new flavor or a seasonal special.
10. National Coffee Day (September 29): Wake your customers up with an offer that can’t be beat ☕️!