May the Fourth Be With You: 10 Ways to Engage This May
Spring has sprung, and May is coming up quick! To help you best engage with your customers this month, I’ve written up my 10 favorite ways to be relevant in May (Pro Tip: scroll all the way to end to see how you can win 1,000 FREE texts):
- May Day: This is far from a ‘mayday’ distress call — May 1 is an ancient spring festival in the northern hemisphere. Time to celebrate with sunshine, daisies and cake!
- Star Wars Day: May the Fourth Be With You! Calling all Jedis and Padawans to unite before May the Sith!
- Cinco de Mayo: 🌮 Celebrate Mexico’s big W over the French in the Battle of Puebla with tacos and dancing! 💃🏻
- National Teachers Day: May 9 is a big day for educators across the board. Treat your teachers to an A+ offer.
- Mother’s Day is May 14: Say ‘thanks’ to the women (and female customers) in your life by reaching out in the days leading up to their special day. Sending flowers never hurts, either.
- Lucky Penny Day is May 23: Find a penny, pick it up and for the rest of the day you’ll have good luck! Or just spread the love by sending customers a lucky penny they can redeem via text!
- Ramadan Begins on May 27: The Islamic month of fasting begins this Friday and will wrap up on June 25. Many around the world will be fasting from sun-up to sundown.
- Memorial Day is May 29: Honor those who have given their lives for the U.S.A. 🇺🇸
- National Bike Month: Celebrate the warm weather by breaking out the bicycles! Reward your customers who opt to go green and cycle their way to your location. May 19 is also National Bike to Work Day, so stow your auto for the day!
- Last Month of Spring: Get geared up for summer by helping customers cool off by paying a visit to your store!
What other ideas do you have for bringing customers back in the month of May? Share them with us on Twitter by tagging @CityGro. You can also comment below for a chance to win. Our favorite suggestion will win 1,000 FREE messages!