Ideas for Small Businesses to Drive Retention in January
Start 2018 Off The Right Way
It’s that time of year again, time to start analyzing the past year and set new goals for the upcoming year. The New Year brings new resolutions and goals. There’s no better way to bring in the New Year than setting new goals to help us reach out to our customers. Our customers are looking ways to better their lives for the upcoming year and a simple reminder can go along way. Here’s a list of ideas to start the year off right.
- Jan. 1, 2018: New Years Day- It’s a New Year! Promote something new about your business whether it’s a new product, service, flavor, whatever! Give your customers something to be excited about.
- Jan. 4, 2018: National Trivia Day- Everyone loves a little bit of trivia. Participate by sending your customers a fun piece of trivia and perhaps a discount if they bring in the correct answer.
- Jan. 6, 2018: Sherlock Holmes Birthday- People looking for the best deals are like detectives. In honor of the great Detective, send a clue to your customers of how they can save some money!
- Jan. 8, 2018: NCAA Football Championship- Wether you like football or not, the NCAA championship game is a great time to promote your business. Grow your contact list by allowing customers to pick their team for a chance to win a prize. They’ll need to give you a phone number or email so you can contact them if they win!
- Jan. 8, 2018: Elvis’ Birthday- Offer an incentive to your customers that will leave them saying, “Thank you. Thank you very much.” You know the King himself wouldn’t pass up such a deal.
- Jan. 15, 2018: Martin Luther King Day- Honor Martin Luther King Jr. by sending out your favorite quote. Inspire all those around you, just like the great man himself.
- Jan. 17, 2018: Ditch New Year’s Resolutions Day- It’s that time of year when we recognize those resolutions were really impossible to obtain. Rejoice in your newfound freedom. Put those diets on pause. After all, you made a good stride. You ought to be rewarded.
- Jan. 20, 2018: National Cheese Lover Day- A day when all cheese lovers rejoice. Let your inner cheese shine by sending out a fun fact about cheese. You could even send a joke about cheese. Keep in mind, the cheesier the better.
- Jan. 23, 2018: National Pie Day- Dessert lovers unite with their favorite slice of pie. Join in the pie conversation and ask customers how they are celebrating such a delicious day.
- Jan. 24, 2018: Compliment Day- Give your customers a compliment. Let them know you appreciate their business and thank them for coming in.
- Jan. 28, 2018: Fun At Work- How are you having fun at work? Take pictures and tell us how us how you are having fun and be rewarded. This is also a chance to show customers how your employees are embracing this holiday. Reward them for their extra excitement. Surely a smile is contagious.
We here at CityGro wish you a Happy New Year. Let us know how we can help you achieve your New Year’s Resolutions.