Marketing Ideas for March
By Jon Parrish - March 1, 2017
Here are a few ideas to get your creative minds “March”ing.
- March 2nd – Read Across America Day – Celebrate reading by donating a percentage of sales to a local school. Make sure to have the school help push it for even more success!
- Celebrate March Birthdays with Celebrities – Celine Dion (30th), MC Hammer (30th), Chuck Norris (10th), Shaquille O’Neal (6th), James Taylor (12th), Elton John (25th).
- Prices are “March”ing down – Invite your customers to “March” into your business this month! Make sure to let customers know about March specials!
- March 8th – International Women’s Day – Here’s a day to show the women in our lives how much they mean to us. How about a special discount for women today? Or you could get clever with an “express lane” or other perk for your female customers.
- March 12th, Day Light Savings – Build some goodwill with your customers by reminding them to set their clocks forward. Perhaps mix it with an early bird special.
- March 14th – Pi Day – Here is a holiday that never gets old… how about free pie with X dollar purchase? Or, maybe have a pie eating contest?
- March 17th, St Patrick’s Day – Create a buzz with green milk, green eggs, or anything else you can turn St Patrick’s color. Why not give free green stickers for people who forget? Just make sure they are branded with your name!
- March 21st – World Poetry Day – Roses are red, violets are blue; come to the big event tonight so we can party with you!
- March MADNESS – This one is for you, sport fans! The NCAA tournament provides several weeks of engagement opportunities. Make sure you stay up to date!
*Want to grow your contact list? Have people select their final 4 teams for a chance to win big! They'll need to join your contact list in order to get their prize. Use the CityGro Kiosk to automate the whole process!
- March Trivia – Run a contest with your customers such as ‘What Roman god of war is March named after? (If you know the answer, send an email to email@example.com. The first 10 accounts will win 1,000 free messages!)
Have ideas of your own? Share them below and let’s get this March Madness started!