Marketing Ideas That Drive – August 2017
Summer is winding down and school is kicking off! August is a cross between Admit You’re Happy Month and Family Fun Month, so we’re looking forward to sending summer 2017 out with a bang 💥.
Here are our top ten ideas for engaging with your customers. We know we missed a few, so be sure to comment suggestions below!
1.Months to know: August is known for being the National Golf Month ⛳️, Peach Month 🍑 and National Picnic Month! Take advantage of these fun themes all August long with golf and peach-themed messages.
2. Sisters Day, Friendship Day – August 6: Sisters make the best friends 👯! Incentivize your customers to bring in a sister or a friend for a special discount.
3. Lazy Day – August 10: Don’t feel like doing anything today? We’ll make it easy on you – come on in for the Lazy Day special!
4. National Tell a Joke Day – August 16: Do Dad Jokes count 😂? Here’s one you can send to your customers:
Knock Knock! Who’s there? Nana. Nana who? Nana your business!
Bonus: send out a joke and post the punchline somewhere in your store!
5. Senior Citizen’s Day – August 21: 65 is the new 40, so don’t be shy about claiming senior status!
6. Total Solar Eclipse – August 21: This is a total eclipse of the (sun). The Great American Total Solar Eclipse 🌞 🌚 will black out skies from Oregon to South Carolina. If you’re not in the line of fire, invite customers who are still in town to swing on by!
7. College Football Season Starts – August 26: The gridiron is out of hibernation for college football season 🏈! Support your favorite local team as they kick off the 2017 season!
8. National Dog Day – August 26: Man’s best friend deserves some recognition 🐶! They’re pretty loyal, so we think this is a great way to reward your most loyal customers! Offer double punches or rewards in stores on this special day!
9. National Eat Outside Day – August 31: The perfect combo for National Picnic Month! Set up some chairs outside and invite customers to soak up the last rays of summer! ☀️
10. Back-to-School 🍎 – End of August: Labor Day is right around the corner, which means it’s time to break out the notepads and stash the pool floaties! Prolong summer by incentivizing your customers to visit your location, or use a text campaign to announce a seasonal change in hours.