April Showers Bring Customers Back
April is already upon us! Mark these dates on your content calendars to keep customers coming back as we kick off Q2. Here’s our list of holidays (both orthodox and not) to fuel your marketing methods this April:
- April 1 – April Fool’s Day: ICYMI: It was no joke.
- April 4 – Equal Pay Day: Expect to see #girlbosses on the move looking to break some glass ceilings.
- April 7 – No Housework Day: Encourage your customers to take the day off — the cooking is on you.
- April 9 – Palm Sunday: Lent is coming to an end, which, religious or not, is a great reason to celebrate!
- April 9 – Winston Churchill Day: ‘To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often.’
- April 10 – National Siblings Day: Reward those who take the time to pull out the scrapbooks to post the perfect throwback on social media.
- April 15 – Husband Appreciation Day: A great way for wives everywhere to say ‘thanks’ to their S/Os.
- April 16 – Easter: Let’s hope the Easter Bunny is good to your customers this year and leaves lots of Easter Eggs.
- April 17 – Patriot’s Day: Help your customer base brush up on American History: Patriot’s Day commemorates the battles of Lexington and Concord near Boston in 1775 (not to be confused with September 11, Patriot Day).
- April 18 – Tax Day: Take a tax break by sending offers all around!
- April 20 – National High Five Day: High fives all around! (It’s OK to high-five yourself — we won’t judge).
- April 22 – Earth Day: Recycle, plant a tree and get outside — your customers will too.
- April 30 – National Honesty Day: April starts off full of tricks, so we’d better end it on a good note. Honestly tell your customers how much you appreciate them!
You can also engage customers throughout the month by playing off some of April’s most notable features:
- National Humor Month (i.e. April is National Humor Month, but this offer is no joke!)
- Stress Awareness Month (i.e. Hey, it’s Stress Awareness Month — but no need to worry! We’ve got you covered with [insert offer]!)
Other creative ways to engage:
- April showers bring May flowers: Play off the variable Spring weather to help customers see the sun (or escape the rain).
- Horoscope offers: Reach out to your Aries and Tauruses in a creative push to connect with those watching the cosmos during their birth month.
What other ideas do you have for April engagement? Share them with us on Twitter by tagging @CityGro. You can also comment below for a chance to win. Our favorite suggestion will win 1,000 free messages!